Tuesday 22 September 2009

Not exactly the good life :D


Last year I planted some salad potatoes in a tub. They were pretty easy to grow and tasty too.


Guess I didnt get them all out the tub last year cos this year I got a few extra!!


I also planted up carrots and some beans. The beans suffered a 'accident' when someone cut down my greenhouse! but the carrots are doing good - here is one of them - there is quite a few more. Not the best looking in the world - but for me (who would love to grow bonsai trees but all plants seem to die when I look at them) I am quite happy.


Who knows - next year the plates the limit :D




and I solved another puzzle tonight as to where all my cranberries were going - seems little miss Mia has a fondness for the berries and was helping herself!!

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to more amusingly shaped carrot pics LOL! :o) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small beginnings.. but watch out next year!

    Sweet Mia was helping herself was she? She is a precious little girl - obviously in need of a few more vitamins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found ur blog in an Etsy thread. I like ur little taters. :) Please visit my blog if you have time:
    http://mossmountain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those may be the cutest potatoes I've ever seen! I didn't know you could grow them in tubs...I'll have to try that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) thanks guys - I will have to dig up the rest of the carrots.

    Yup spuds are pretty easy to grow in a tub - even I can do it so they must be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jake likes to help harvest strawberries, raspberries & blackcurrants - harvest them into his own tum, I should say. So I was a bit surprised when he spat out a blackberry I picked specially for him on Sunday's walk. I could have had it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails