Saturday 10 July 2010

In the garden - Lavender



As you all may have guessed now my fingers are not the greenest.

Infact my parents used to drag me out of garden centres incase I could kill Bonsai trees just by being in the same room as them

I love them but they dont last long with me!







So in the past few years I have tried to only plant useful plants, herbs and veg,

I built myself a little raised bed outside my kitchen door and loaded it with herbs.









and I left them too it

Gardening by Darwinian principles

One of the winners in the battle of the herbs has been Lavender.

This really is the king of plants.

Not only a stunning purple colour but loved by bees.




I always have some essential oil lavender in my house as it has so many uses
Helps you sleep
Sooths and heals cuts and burns

and it zonks crazy puppies out totally.

What better plant to have outside your door??

2 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous plant for sure.
    Will you be harvesting it to make some scented pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good idea with the pillows!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails