Tuesday 8 December 2009

Kiss the dog, my new venture has a name (and a facebook page)


For ages I have been trying to think of names for dog behaviour training classes.
I am rubbish at names - and I know how important they are.

So thinking about what I wanted the name to say

First - that training should be kind and fair to the dog
Second - that its simple - too many training methods seem to over complicate dog training. Trying to imagine what your dog is thinking and figuring out how he is being bad, disobedient or dominant and then how to assert your authority over the dog.
For example - and this is something I have actually seen
Dog chases children
Problem must be dog is thinking it is too dominant
Solution
Dog cant go on sofa or upstairs and must wait till after owner has eaten before it gets to eat

Too complicated!!
Problem - dog chases children
Solution - teach the dog not to chase children

Simples (OK well there is more to it than that but you get the point)

So thinking of my old days in the world of business I remembered their fave acronym
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid
and thought that was perfect way to say what I wanted to say


Kiss The Dog, Kind Simple Effective dog behaviour training


What do you all think??

4 comments:

  1. I like it, though I would drop the "and" so it reads Kiss The Dog : Kind, Simple, Effective, Dog Behaviour Training.
    Somehow the "and" detracts from the statement. In my opinion..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just looked at the FB page (should have done that first)
    I see it is Kiss The Dog only, with the rest being under description as Kind, Simple and Effective Dog training.
    I'd still lose the "and" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou - you are so right - have dropped it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab - I love it! I'm rubbish at thinking up names too. I've just ordered a book on Amazon called When Pigs Fly (orsomething like that) by the lady who taught her EBTs agility.

    She says that terriers have been bred to ask 'why?' lololol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails