Saturday 5 December 2009

Poor Ben



Yesterday was a lovely frosty winters day.
I took the dogs for a great long walk. It was lovely the dogs were perfectly behaved, we did lots of playing together, trick training and the dogs sniffing and zooming about.





Perfectly lovely walk, until..





5 min before home I see Bens paw is bright red. No yelp, no limping no crying his paw is just bleeding.


I get him home and clean it up and its stopped bleeding but there is a big cut there



So we had a long wait in the vets and now he is sporting a lovely lamphade, and his skinny wee leg is shaved.
Poor wee guy - he must have been feeling left out with all the vets attention Mia was getting.


On the great point for the day tho - I got word back that the venue I was looking at is fine for me to run training classes. Initially for Mia and some of her friends but if they go OK I might be taking my first steps into becoming a behaviourist
(well the 2nd steps - just one more essay to go on this module for my diploma!)




6 comments:

  1. good luck with your training Pam!
    Ben's leg looks tender - was it glass??
    glad that he had it cleaned though. The lampshade is very 'Elizabethan' I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou.
    I couldnt see what did it as he was zooming about and I couldnt see anything in the glass. I will tell Ben he is looking Elizabethan - dont know if that will impress him tho :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo looks really sore. Big kisses for Ben's poorly leg. Great news about your venue Pam. I wonder if we'll both get qualified a thte same time? You're like a counsellor for dogs :-) The type of counselling I do is very much like positive reward training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ben - hope he's feeling better now xx

    And congrats on getting the venue - I'm sure you'll make a great behaviourist !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou guys. Ben is doing OK although not happy that he cant lick his leg - licking is one of his fave things :D

    Sarah - I think you will beat me :D I have a long way to go! But I think there is lots to learn from human counceling and dog training - I use some dog training methods in teaching people to drive - and some of the thoughts in teaching learners to dog training

    Thanks Pat.I really appreciate all of your support

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouchie - poor Ben, although he almost looks more sad about the cone than the cut, lol. Glad he's doing ok.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails