Thursday 21 January 2010

Hare today



Sorry folks, no dogs today, no dog sculptures, agility or antics of my crazy pair








dragonhouseofyuen from McEtsy team does lots of great work for bunny rescue and she suggested I may like to try making a Hare for the Hare Preservation Trust







Sounded like a fun challenge



So I gave it a go







He is made on a wire frame with merino white fleece. I then blended some camel fibre with Shetland wool to work on the shading, with a little more black merino blended in to make his back, ears and top of his head a little darker

He is posed just rising up on his hind legs - and wonders of wonders I actually managed to make him balance on his own in that position (fancy name - free standing :D)



I am stumped for a name for this one so any ideas???

2 comments:

  1. Elderberry, Blackthorn or Cleavers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very delightful Pam!
    Ben the handsome hare sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails