Monday 13 October 2008

A fun way to do your bit for charity




I havent blogged about the charity for a while so I though I would add a wee peice here.


BACCAS (bowel and colon cancer awwarenss) was set up following the death of my father Dr Rev George Duthie.


As dad made us promise not to run races and things for him we thought the best way to fundraise was to hold cocktail parties - something he loved to host


Our aim is for people to have parties all over the world.




Many people have had parties and had great fun doing so. It can be as big or small as you like, just a few people in yourhouse with a few drinks and nibbles, a small collection for the charity (if you get in touch I can give you badges to sell and ideas for cocktails) and just take a moment to remember that in the UK every 15 mins one person is diagnosed with Bowel Cancer and every 30 mins someone dies of it!


Remember the people who cant be there and celibrate people who are, raise a glass and say


'Bottoms up for BACCAS'



This blog post is part of Zemanta's "Blogging For a Cause" campaign to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes that bloggers care about.

4 comments:

  1. Your father sounds like such a fun, happy soul. That cheers at the end really made me giggle. I wish I was in a place to host a party, but maybe, God willing, we'll get there someday and I will remember this cause. It's a wonderful way to support cures for good people who find themselves with such a devastating disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you're an etsy lover! Me too! (I have a jewelry shop on there.)

    What a great charity gig idea. It reminds me of old hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gina, thankyou yes he was a fun guy
    The cheers was a flash of insperation!! it all seemed to fit together so well.
    Sorry to hear that you are not in a good place, hope your good soon.

    Random, just off to look at your shop - theres lots of us on here!!
    :o) yes I love the idea of the old hollywood parties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Firstly, thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Secondly ...the felt animals: wow! Those rabbits with carrots are my favourites - so gorgeous!

    Good luck with your fundraising - it's a fabulous way to raise money.

    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails