Wednesday 1 October 2008

The Scottish red Fox


As I said before the other week we were over in Argyle for a friends wedding.
It is such a lovely drive over there, all the lochs and big scenery that we ended up listening to Big Country and Scotcha as we drove.
Then once we had just left Lochgilped and headed out on the 15 miles of single track road we saw a car stopped in the middle of the road.



I slowly approached and saw that there was a fox standing at the side of her car.
She saw us and moved into a nearby passing place. But I decided to pull up next to the fox and see what it did.
It actually trotted right up to my window
While I was grabbing the camera it sat down and just looked exactly like Ben when he is waiting for a treat and when I started taking fotos it actually jumped up on its hind legs, paws on the car and stuck its head in the window!!




Because Ben was there I didnt pat it (although I was tempted) but we did give it some dog treats.
It was so friendly and healthy looking that I assume that it was hand reared
It really made the drive up there special and I couldnt stop talking about our brush with wildlife.

7 comments:

  1. wow, a real live fox! how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Amazing!
    OMG! I would have touched him . . . those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's super cool! He does look healthy, and apparently smart enough to know which cars have treats in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever, beautiful fox and an AMAZING experience!! This is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing shots and an awesome experience, I met one on the way to work one morning in the middle of Aberdeen, didn't get that close though! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so amazing! At first I thought maybe you needle felted the fox and did some photo trickery. How did Ben react?

    ReplyDelete
  7. :oD I wish I could felt that well!!
    It was a really cool experience, I dont think I even took a breath as he sat there
    Ben didnt even notice him - which is good because he thinks wildlife is sooo much fun to chase (caught a baby rabbit once - but thankfully when it stopped running he let it go!!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails