Sunday 21 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 7

The dogs ears are brown with black over the top.
First I lay down some brown in a large (these dogs have big ears) triangle shape. I tease out some black fleece so it is fluffy and add a little layer over the top.




Spend quite a long time felting the ears, if you keep them on the foam pad then turn them over frequently else it will start sticking to the pad. You can also hold the ears between your fingertips to make the edges more sharp



Looking at the dog his ears are attached quite low down on the head, level with the eyes.
I attach the ears by stabbing the ends into the side of the head.






I then hold the ear in the shape I would like it to be in, I stab gently in all directions to firm the ears in the desired shape.


3 comments:

  1. I can't take it, this is so awsome and darling !! Give McFuzzynutz a belly rub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!!! Barking :D LUGS not nuts - hes a rescue so he dosent have them :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails